[live-demo] Problems during the creation of a bootable USB

Ab_fab gamma.gts at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 03:35:42 EDT 2011

Hi Hamish,

The "mini" version installs nicely from Ubuntu with persistent storage, and
boots perfectly.
I should have noticed that the only difference between mini and full version
was the absence of mac / windows installers, that I don't really need

Thanks for the hint, and also for the swift reply

Best regards

2011/4/3 Hamish <hamish_b at yahoo.com>

> Hi,
>
> I don't know why it would cause a problem for the USB install,
> perhaps it's the "?" and "=" in the filenames, but our
> bin/load_win_installers.sh script's wget needs to either use -O
> to name the file or rename it later when grabbing from
> sourceforge. (e.g. the commented out gpsbabel example on line 73
> of that script)
>
> in the mean time, try grabbing the 'mini' 3.2gb version without
> those installers and see if that works.
>

> cheers,
> Hamish

ab_fab