[Live-demo] Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] Do we want OSGeo-Live on a USB or DVD at FOSS4G?

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Tue Aug 2 19:24:39 EDT 2011

AFAIK, USB is still incompatible (not bootable) with a Mac, though that
might have changed since the macbook air doesn't have an optical drive.
Please prove me wrong (without crazy hacks - I'm aware of some).

DVDs are also 1/2 the cost (possible even less) and have the added
benefit that a person might pass it on. I doubt a usb stick would ever
be passed on.

Thanks,
Alex