[Live-demo] changeset 7096

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 25 19:35:29 EDT 2011

Alex wrote:
> I think we just need clarification on what the change does.

(tries to pull in a new saga which builds-depends on natty's
libgdal 1.6 instead of ubuntugis's libgdal 1.8, and no more)

> Anyone know if QGIS can open geotiff ok with GDAL 1.8?

AFAIK qgis does not try to bundle a local copy of libtiff
and so should be fine. for that matter, any in-debian package
would flag the embedded copy as a lintian error and be suitably
punished.

anyway, the change seems harmless enough to me.. last minute
changes suck, but so does a SAGA unable to load basic geotiffs.

it was noticed that as of right now the package hasn't actually
made it through the ppa build queue yet, so no new packages there
to install.

best,
Hamish