[Live-demo] Re: [OSGeo] #784: Error message when exiting pgadmin3

OSGeo trac_osgeo at osgeo.org
Mon Aug 29 17:28:28 EDT 2011

#784: Error message when exiting pgadmin3
 Reporter:  rouault  |       Owner:  live-demo@…
     Type:  task     |      Status:  new
Component:  LiveDVD  |    Keywords:  5.0, pgadmin3
Changes (by hamish):

  * priority:  normal => minor

 Replying to [comment:3 johanvdw]:
 > Is fslint hardlinking also run on files in /home?

 good point, no it is not. just /usr /opt /lib
 (although some things in /home are symlinks to those places)

 I wonder what could cause the file system error to a regular file in /home
 It is as if the user does not own their own uid.gid file.

 Paul Campbell wrote:
 One or more of the file's or directory's attribute bits are set
 If the I bit is set, for example, you won't be able to change file
 with chmod.

 The solution is to use lsattr to display file and directory attributes,
 chattr to set and unset them.

Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/784#comment:4>
OSGeo <http://www.osgeo.org/>
OSGeo committee and general foundation issue tracker.