[Live-demo]Does your app work on the new OSGeo-Live V4.5 Alpha2?
Jonathan.Roach at manly.nsw.gov.au
Sun Feb 6 19:07:59 EST 2011
I have been doing some testing in the previous live DVD acquiring screen shot.
I have not being able to make them available just yet due to machine trouble but I should be able to assist in checking the application list and updating the documentation of the latest OSGeo-live build.
Please let me know.
Jonathan K. Roach
Geographic and Land Information Systems Officer
Division: Land Use and Sustainability
Branch: Strategic Land Use Planning (Design and Technical Group/GIS)
1 Belgrave Street Manly NSW 2095 | PO Box 82 Manly NSW 1655 | Direct 9976 1612 |
Switch 9976 1500 | Fax 9976 1400 | jonathan.roach at manly.nsw.gov.au<mailto:Suzanne.Biskup at manly.nsw.gov.au> | www.manly.nsw.gov.au<file:///\\store2\root\Software\Templates\TEST\www.manly.nsw.gov.au>
From: live-demo-bounces at lists.osgeo.org [mailto:live-demo-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Cameron Shorter
Sent: Sunday, 6 February 2011 10:50 AM
To: live-demo at lists.osgeo.org
Subject: Re: [Live-demo]Does your app work on the new OSGeo-Live V4.5 Alpha2?
I'm looking for volunteers to help us determine which applications have been installed successfully on the latest OSGeo-Live build.
In particular, we need to keep track of which version has been installed successfully.
Who is available to try out applications on the latest VM? At some point, a representative from each application should run their application on the VM and confirm it works as expected. We will ask for more comprehensive testing after our UAT deadline of 21 Feb 2011.
I've written up the process to follow to collect status here:
* Download the latest ISO or Virtual Machine from http://live.osgeo.org/dev/build
* Virtual Machines will need to be uncompressed with 7zip for windows<http://www.7-zip.org/> or 7zip for unix
7z x file.7z
For each application:
* Verify that you can select the application from the pull down menu.
* Find out what version of the application has been installed, and insert the version number into the "installed version" column of the Status spreadsheet<https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Al9zh8DjmU_RdGIzd0VLLTBpQVJuNVlHMlBWSDhKLXc&hl=en_GB#gid=8>
* Run the application and see if it works. If the Quickstart exists, try following the Quickstart instructions.
Note any errors that you find in the issue tracker using the following:
* OSGeo-Live issues are reported here: https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/report/10
* Set "Component" = "LiveDVD"
* For "Keywords", add the base release number, and the application id used in the Status Spreadsheet<https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Al9zh8DjmU_RdGIzd0VLLTBpQVJuNVlHMlBWSDhKLXc&hl=en_GB#gid=8>. Eg: "4.0, geoserver". Don't use "4.0rc1, geoserver".
On 06/02/11 08:18, Alex Mandel wrote:
On 02/04/2011 08:33 PM, Alex Mandel wrote:
I just started the Alpha2 build @r5513. I am well aware there are some
known outstanding issues but since the last build only made it as far as
Sahana we wanted to make sure that we get some error information for the
rest of the packages.
Look for build logs and possibly a downloadable vm in approx 12 hours
(Build is mostly running while I'm asleep, it doesn't actually take 12
hours, much closer to 2-3 hours).
Came out better this time, still some work to do of course. Logs an vmdk
file are up. We also now have a stable url to help you get the latest
dev build when they become available. It's a redirect for now but should
always get you to the right place.
Live-demo mailing list
Live-demo at lists.osgeo.org<mailto:Live-demo at lists.osgeo.org>
Tel: +61 (0)2 8570 5050
Mob: +61 (0)419 142 254
Think Globally, Fix Locally
Geospatial Solutions enhanced with Open Standards and Open Source
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Re-transmitting or re-publishing the content of this email in any media format without the express permission of the Author is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this email in error please notify Manly Council immediately. Information transmitted via email may be subject to corruption by the process. Information contained in this email should not be relied upon where loss, damage or injury is possible. Verified information should be obtained in writing directly from the authorised Council officers.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Live-demo