[Live-demo] Re: OSGeo-Live Build Questions (was Re: Which version of sahana should we put on the next version of OSGeo-Live)

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 17:46:10 EST 2011

Hi Fran,
Good to hear you are starting packaging.

As you have noted, we do our best to keep the wiki up to date with all
that is required for OSGeo-Live. In your case, for writing scripts, you
should be looking at:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Add_Project
You may also want to look at similar example scripts for other applications.

If you have questions, feel free to ask them on our email list [1], or
on IRC at irc://freenode.net#osgeolive

On 21/01/11 21:51, Fran Boon wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> We are starting the process of packaging Eden for the OSGeo LiveDVD.
> This will be done by myself&  Rik Goldman.
> What is the best place to seek advice when we have specific questions
> on our approach or technicalities?
>
> I've seen the excellent Wiki documentation on:
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Add_Project#Install_Script
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Build
>
> e.g. I see on wiki that
> "To install a writable data directory or files, change its group to
> "users" and set the file(s) as group-writable:"
> adduser $USER_NAME users
> chmod -R g+w /usr/local/share/<packagename>/data/
> chown -R root.users /usr/local/share/<packagename>/data/"
>
> However how does this work with the LiveDVD?
Yes, it does.

> Many thanks!
> Fran.

Geospatial Director