[Live-demo] Re: gvsig packaging

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 14:13:23 EST 2011

Hi Jorge,
I'm CCing the list with my response as Hamish wish to comment on this as
well.

On 25/01/11 20:15, Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas wrote:
> Hi Cameron
>
> Today I'll try to update OSGeo Live gvSIG release to 1.10 stable with
> some changes at the debian package:
>
> * No more using Sun JRE but OpenJDK 1.6
As far as I'm aware, all applications on OSGeo-Live use the Sun JRE and
we have removed (or we should remove) OpenJDK in order to save space.

Rather than switching to OpenJDK, can you just note in the status
spreadsheet that your application can run with OpenJDK. Once all
applications can use OpenJDK, we can then move all applications across.
> * Removed non-free libraries for ECW or MrSID loading
>

> I'll also:
>
> * Add English additional manual for new features since gvSIG 1.1.2
> * Try also to translate gvSIG overview into Spanish
> * Try to update the gvSIG sample project in order to use Natural Earth.
Sounds good.

Can you please first update your Overview to reference the 1.10 version,
then set the status in our status spreadsheet to "4.5draft". We can then
quickly review and let translators start translating.

> I'll update the spreadsheet as I advance.
>
> Best
>
> - --
> Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas
> http://es.osgeo.org