[Live-demo] 52°North SOS in OSGeo Live DVD

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 14:18:25 EST 2011

On 26/01/11 20:49, Eike Hinderk Jürrens wrote:
> Hi Alex, dear all,
>
> thanks for your fast response. I am working hard for having a first
> working version ready for Friday. This version which will be polished
> and fine tuned until the 21st of February.
>
> Am 25.01.2011 21:00, schrieb Alex Mandel:
>> I'm in favor, but hesitant on the aspect that I would really like if the
>> included examples can run locally without the need for internet.
>> +.5(+1 if there's a good 100% local example)
> What do you mean by local example, Alex.
> Have all data available on the disc?
> Or localized to the next FOSS4G venue?
>
> As mentioned in my initial mail, I am planning to have data available on
> the disc. But this depends on your decision, if you want to have
> additional 30 - 40 MB max. on the image.
>
> Kind regards,
> Eike

Eike,
I assume that by "local" Alex is referring to having the application run
without requiring connection to the internet. Ie, have data installed
locally.
For the moment, assume that you can have the extra 30-40 MB for the
example data.
If we run out of space, we may need to ask for that space back, but I'm
reasonably confident we can find 30-40 MB for your test data.

As we have only heard positive responses to this proposal so far,
consider 52North's SOS as officially accepted as an OSGeo-Live project.

Can you please fill in as many of status details for 52nSOS as make
sense in  our spreadsheet here:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Al9zh8DjmU_RdGIzd0VLLTBpQVJuNVlHMlBWSDhKLXc&hl=en_GB#gid=8

Geospatial Director