[Live-demo] Quickstart (video??)

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 07:55:06 EDT 2011

Thanks Bob for following through on this.
Am I right in understanding that Video Maker only runs on windows?

I think that when we are creating an exemplar Open Source showcase, we
ideally should look into a video editing process which uses Open Source
as well, probably on Ubuntu, as that is what we are building osgeo-live
upon.

I've successfully used Kdenlive for editing screen shots and audio into
a video, and this seemed to work quite well.
http://cameronshorter.blogspot.com/2010/09/osgeolive-40-lightening-overview.html

I haven't yet looked into screen capture tools.

Re question about formats - I'm not sure what the pros and cons are of
the different formats. I'd be interested to hear advice on this.

On 10/06/11 04:36, Bob Basques wrote:

> All,
>

> Playing around with Video Maker . . .
>

> So far I've popped this out
> :_/http://pwultra5.ci.stpaul.mn.us/cp_tiles/tmp/livedvd/GM2.2-clipped.html/_
>

> Would an Audio Track (help/hurt)?  Any preferred formats?  (I can do
> Flash [SWF/FLV], Quicktime, WMV, AVI, MS Powerpoint?)
>

> NOTE: I'll figured out the clipping on export.
>

> bobb

Geospatial Director