[Live-demo] Quickstart (video??)

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 07:35:24 EDT 2011

Alex, good to hear that you are a resident expert here.
While I'm ok with people using whatever they like to capture videos, I
suggest that one of us should go through the process end-to-end, and
then document all the tools, processes, formats etc that were used. That
way the next person (like me in this case) doesn't have to do the
research, I just follow the steps.

My outstanding questions when using an ubuntu system are:
1. What tool should we use for screen capture?
2. What resolution and quality should we use?
3. Should we use any special settings, like having a yellow circle
around the cursor?
5. What format should we store in? (I think you are suggesting ogg?)
6. What tool should we use to edit captured video? (kdenlive seemed like
the best tool I could find, but it didn't seem to do screen capture)