[Live-demo] anyone familiar with apache configs?

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Mon Jun 20 06:00:38 EDT 2011

On 06/20/2011 01:57 AM, Cameron Shorter wrote:
> I'd like to configure apache on OSGeo-Live such that http://localhost
> points to /usr/local/share/osgeolive-docs/
> I'll also need to have other documentation at various locations on the
> disk also referenced via a http://localhost/... URL.
>
> It will need to be set up with one of our install scripts (which I can
> handle), but I'd like to know how I should do this without introducing
> any security risks or breaking standard conventions in this area.
>
> Has anyone got any advice that you can send in my direction?

Not hard with an apache config file, just need to write a a file in
/etc/apache2/sites-available/
We could call it osgeolive.

In the install script copy said file to the directory and run
sudo a2ensite osgeolive
sudo service apache2 reload

It will look very similar to the default file there but have things like:

DocumentRoot /usr/local/share/osgeolive-docs
Other things to you need will be done with Alias and Directory statements.

Make a list of what you need and I can write it.

Thanks,
Alex