[Live-demo] New apps for 6.0

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 04:54:24 EDT 2012

 From a marketing point of view, creating 2 DVDs is not an option. It is
hard enough to to find a sponsor for one DVD per conference delegate.

Dropping windows installers is an option, if we drop support for 4 Gig
USBs, (supporting 8 Gig USBs instead). I'm hopeful that for osgeolive
6.0 we can still provide support for 4 Gig USBs.

But Massimo is right, about getting savings from consolidating applications.
I'm very keen to get help testing our java apps with open-jdk (which is
installed with osgeo 5.5), as this is the future and we will need to
support it at some point.