[Live-demo] Re-categorising OSGeo-Live projects

Peter Baumann p.baumann at jacobs-university.de
Sun Dec 9 11:34:23 PST 2012

Cameron-

re rasdaman, it is a DBMS indeed, in the same category as PostGIS. For example,
rasdaman comes with a multi-dimensional spatio-temporal query language; in terms
of OGC standards, WCS is just one rather limited functionality, there's also
WMS, WCPS, and WPS.

Generally, the cagetorization seems to merge quite different levels (adding
comments):

Browser Clients
Crisis Management -- this is a special application; do we have more of those? or
should it be merged into services?
Databases -- should be: Database Systems
Desktop GIS
Navigation and Maps -- contains a weather service; should that go under Web
services?
Spatial Tools
Web Services
Data
Geospatial Libraries
Other software of interest (not available Live)
Windows and Apple Installers -- all links broken; is that really something to
keep here?

my 2 cents,
Peter

--
Dr. Peter Baumann
    mail: p.baumann at jacobs-university.de
    tel: +49-421-200-3178, fax: +49-421-200-493178
    www.rasdaman.com, mail: baumann at rasdaman.com
"Si forte in alienas manus oberraverit hec peregrina epistola incertis ventis dimissa, sed Deo commendata, precamur ut ei reddatur cui soli destinata, nec preripiat quisquam non sibi parata." (mail disclaimer, AD 1083)