[Live-demo] License on data

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 03:36:49 PST 2012

Scott,
Based on this response, I'd be inclined to encourage you to avoid using
the SRTM data due to the licence.

Re datasets on OSGeo-Live, look at:
http://live.osgeo.org/en/overview/overview.html

    Data

  * Natural Earth - Geographic Data Sets
    <http://live.osgeo.org/en/overview/naturalearth_overview.html>
  * OSGeo North Carolina, USA Educational dataset
    <http://live.osgeo.org/en/overview/nc_dataset_overview.html>
  * OpenStreetMap - Sample extract from OpenStreetMap
    <http://live.osgeo.org/en/overview/osm_dataset_overview.html>

In particular, would the North Carolina dataset suffice?