[Live-demo] Build Process - Filesystems

Patric Hafner | geOps patric.hafner at geops.de
Fri Dec 21 02:17:26 PST 2012

Dear Members of the OSGeo mailing list,

in last days, I run the build process as described here [1] several
times to test our install script. Unfortunately the building always
failed due to problem with unmouting of dev and proc-filesystem for
chroot.  After some small changes, I was able to fix this issue.
Do someone else also experienced those problems?

For me it is not obvious why it is necessary to bind the whole /dev into
the chroot - /dev/pts should do it. Secondly, it seems more safe to me,
to execute the mount of /proc outside the chroot.
After performing the following changes, building runs always fine in my
environment.

*build_chroot_debug.sh*

-- sudo mount --bind /dev/ edit/dev
++ sudo mount -t proc -o bind /proc edit/proc
++ sudo mount -o bind /dev/pts edit/dev/pts
-- sudo umount edit/dev
++ sudo umount edit/dev/pts
++ sudo umount edit/proc

*inchroot_debug.sh*