[Live-demo] OSGeoLive 5.5 draft for background image

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 15:19:06 EST 2012

Astrid,
I like this image, although I agree that it is a bit busy and will
detract from the logos a bit.
I expect that it would look better if the background were darker,
possibly also with less contrast, a bit like our 3.0 background:
http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/browser/livedvd/gisvm/trunk/desktop-conf/blue-wombat.png

Brian was also considering a background and may have some suggestions.

One thing I'm going to strongly push for is that we have one generic
background image for each release, rather create a different image for
each conference. This is because in the past, the effort required to
change the background image, rebuild the ISO, then retest everything,
turned out to be much more work that you would expect for such a small
change.