[Live-demo] Re: Booting from OSGEOLive USB flash drive

Barry Rowlingson barry.rowlingson at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 18:35:47 EST 2012

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 11:15 PM, Angelos Tzotsos <gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the testing.
>
> We will try to improve USB creation instructions soon.
> As for shutting down the machine, there is an icon on the Desktop for this
> reason, created specialy for the shutdown/log off issue.

 I double-clicked this today in order to shutdown the machine, and was
surprised that it went straight into the shutdown procedure without
any confirmation! Sure, this was what I wanted, but the lack of
confirmation was unexpected and might annoy some people who are
exploring and clicking stuff randomly on the desktop. On certain other
operating systems any 'shutdown' choice gives you an option to really
shutdown, sleep, hibernate, or just log out.

Barry