[Live-demo] Maintaining and translating the OSGeo-Live presentation

Luca Delucchi lucadeluge at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 08:36:43 PDT 2012

2012/10/27 Barry Rowlingson <barry.rowlingson at gmail.com>:

>  Adding pictures - and people look at your pictures more than they
> read your text in presentations - is a pain. That's why I start with
> the pictures.
>
>  Doing presentations non-wysiwiggy with a tool that doesn't understand
> pages is going to fail when text overfills the slide without warning.
> These HTML presentations are fine if you are doing three or four
> bullet points per slide, but once you try and do anything else,
> especially free text and images, it becomes a lot of work to get it
> all on. I've had the same problem doing slides with LaTeX. It is good
> discipline to put only three or four bullets per slide, so maybe you
> should rewrite the text for every slide to be that.

Yes I think the same, but I found this text on the presentation
folder, and I didn't know anything about it. If I understand these are
only the notes and not the text on the slides.
Someone want to works with me to rewrite the text of slides? adding
only some bullets..

>  When I did the talk, I mostly just had the screenshots, and kept the
> text as my speech. There's no need to put the text on screen and then
> read it out - unless you are targeting web pages for this rather than
> a live audience of course...
>
>  With the background you've used the grey text gets lost in the
> darker, busier areas of the background.

grey text is the default of hieroglyph, I'll change it

--
ciao
Luca

http://gis.cri.fmach.it/delucchi/