[Live-demo] OSGeoLive HTML5 presentation

Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas jsanz at osgeo.org
Thu Aug 22 02:55:33 PDT 2013

2013/8/22 Angelos Tzotsos <gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com>:
> Hi all,
>
> We were invited by the FOSS4G 2013 LOC to provide an 15 minute OSGeoLive
> presentation during the conference.
>
> For this occasion, I have prepared an HTML5 presentation based on reveal.js
> and updated all screenshots and projects to match documentation for our
> upcoming 7.0 release.
>
> Hopefully this will replace our odp presentation in the future, since it is
> more easy to manage under a source control system.
>
> For now the presentation can be seen here:
> http://aiolos.survey.ntua.gr/osgeolive/
>
> (Hint: press "Esc" to zoom out and press "S" for slide notes. The full notes
> are on the todo list)
>
> and the source code is available in GitHub:
> https://github.com/OSGeo/OSGeoLive-presentation
>
> In case you are about to give an OSGeoLive presentation, please fork the
> source code and adapt to your needs. If you make some additions you feel are
> worth to be added to the main source tree, please send us a pull request.
>
> It is a very good time for OSGeoLive projects to provide more updated
> screenshots for their dedicated slide.
>
> Feedback, comments, pull requests are welcome :)
>
> Best regards,
> Angelos

Well done Angelos, I'm using a lot reveal lately and it's a great
system to prepare good looking slide decks.

As you say, having it on github is great for custom adaptations (just
fork) and improvements (pull requests).

Just in case you are not aware, you can place your slides on a
"gh-pages" branch and have them published directly at github. For
example this repo[1] is published automatically at [2]. More info at
[3].

Cheers

[1] https://github.com/jsanz/slides-from-cad-to-db
[2] http://jsanz.github.io/slides-from-cad-to-db