[Live-demo] Update OSGeo-Live Project Overviews and Quickstarts- postgis

maplabs at light42.com maplabs at light42.com
Fri Dec 20 13:33:19 PST 2013

Hi All -

  I did a little bit of setup today.. and discovered, along with
others, that there is a conflict in the gdal packaging between the
PostGIS in apt.postgresql.org, and the one we use on the Live at
ubuntuGIS-unstable.

  On a base XUbuntu 12.04.3 desktop i386 VM,  I executed the
following steps by hand
I believe the results are solid to go forward.. Others are discussing a
better arrangement of actual PPA Repositories..
(I do not have suggestions for that, but am following the discussion a bit)

  based on today's experiment, I can commit to  PostgreSQL 9.3 /
PostGIS 2.1 on Live 7.9

 best regards from Berkeley, California

--
Brian M Hamlin
OSGeo California Chapter

On Fri, 20 Dec 2013 11:08:27 -0800, maplabs at light42.com wrote:
per discussion on IRC today... it seems there are packages for pg 9.3 /
> Ubuntu 12.04, as described at
>
>     http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Apt
>
> we will try to bring libgdal1h, GEOS and PostGIS 2.1 up to fit this
> as well as any Postgres addons/extensions we want to use
>
>   -Brian
>
> On Fri, 20 Dec 2013 11:22:21 +0000, cameron.shorter at gmail.com wrote:
> Brian, Barry,
> >
> > As per below, Could you please let us know which version of  postgis
> > should be installed on our next OSGeo-Live release. > We previously
> packaged version 2.0.3 for OSGeo-Live 7.0. >

##--------------------------
user at xubuntu-live-7:~/gisvm$
    1  sudo apt-get update
    2  sudo apt-get upgrade
    3  sudo reboot
    4  sudo apt-get install htop openssh-server linux-headers-generic
    5  sudo reboot
    6  cd /media/VBOXADDITIONS_4.2.4_81684/
    7  ls
    8  sudo ./VBoxLinuxAdditions.run
    9  sudo shutdown -h now
   10  cat /etc/lsb-release
   11  sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list.d/pgdg.list
   12  sudo apt-get update
   13  wget --quiet -O -
https://www.postgresql.org/media/keys/ACCC4CF8.asc | sudo apt-key add -
   14  sudo apt-get update
   15  sudo synaptic
   16  ls
   17  svn co http://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/livedvd/gisvm/trunk/ gisvm
   18  cd gisvm

   20  ls
   21  cd sources.list.d/
   22  ls
   23  cat ubuntugis.list
   24  sudo nano ubuntugis.list
   25  sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ubuntugis-unstable.list
   26  sudo apt-get update
   27  ls
   28  cd ..
   29  ls
   30  ls app-conf
   31  grep ubuntugis bin/*
   32  less bin/setup.sh
   33  sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 314DF160
   34  sudo apt-get update -q
   35  sudo apt-get install libgdal1h
   36  sudo ldconfig
   37  sudo updatedb