[Live-demo] QGIS 2.0

Paolo Corti pcorti at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 16:16:57 PDT 2013

On Sat, Oct 12, 2013 at 1:02 AM, Alex Mandel <tech_dev at wildintellect.com> wrote:

> QGIS 2.0 was not ready until Foss4g, in order to make the Live DVD it
> would have needed to been ready 1-2 months earlier. It should be the
> version included in the next OSGeo Live for Feb/Mar of next year (we
> release every 6 months).
>
> That said, upgrading it is not hard on a persistent usb stick or virtual
> machine. In fact a regular system update would likely pull 2.0.

Hi Alex and Angelos
I see the point and I know the time concerns, and of course I can
updated it (that's what I did this morning, actually).
But still, would make sense to me to have it added before Feb/Mar, as
a lot of people not so experienced to upgrade themselves could still
benefit from it.
Therefore, a 7.0.1 before the next big one would make sense to me :)
Just my 2 cents
cheers

Paolo Corti
Geospatial software developer