[Live-demo] Another OSGeo-Live BoF at FOSS4G today after OSGeo AGM

Stephan Meißl stephan at meissl.name
Mon Oct 14 05:45:01 PDT 2013

On 09/25/2013 07:47 PM, Angelos Tzotsos wrote:

> 3. Code:
>     - LOTS of people on the meeting want the project to move on git
> (preferably on an OSGeo infrastructure). I would like to hear them on
> the mailing list too. I am long ago in favor of that switch. It seems I
> am not alone anymore...

Sorry to come in late, I just wanted to express my support for such a
switch. I think particularly a big project like ours can greatly benefit
from git. For hosting I'd propose either to go with GitHub or
alternatively a self hosted GitLab instance. There are numerous
advantages like easy one line corrections directly from the website,
easy integration with a CI infrastructure even to test pull/merge
requests, etc.

cu
Stephan