[Live-demo] problem with shared folder

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Tue Nov 4 13:59:35 PST 2014

On 11/04/2014 12:59 PM, Margherita Di Leo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with the OSGeo-Live when I try to share a folder between
> guest and host. Host is Fedora 20 with Oracle VirtualBox + Extension Pack.
> When i go on the menu Devices -> Insert Guest addition CD image ->
> Download, I get: The network operation failed with the following error:
> Connection refused. But I verified that the network is working properly, so
> it must be something else. Any idea?
>
> Thank you.

What version of Virtual Box? Community Edition or Closed Source Edition?

Guest Addition CD should not involve the network at all and I don't see
that on my versions (Ubuntu variants).

Can you post a screen shot of the menu?

That said, I believe this is either a Virtualbox or Fedora bug.

Thanks,
Alex