[Live-demo] Adding istSOS to OSGeo live

Johan Van de Wauw johan.vandewauw at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 12:33:03 PST 2014

Hello Massimiliano,

OSGeo live [1] is a self-contained bootable DVD, USB thumb drive or
Virtual Machine based on Lubuntu. It allows you to try a wide variety
of open source geospatial software without installing anything. It is
composed entirely of free software, allowing it to be freely
distributed, duplicated and passed around.

We have just started our new release cycle, and I believe that your
project istSOS is a good candidate for the next release. To be
included, a certain number of conditions need to be fulfilled. All
details are given under [2], but it boils down to having a install
package/script for ubuntu, some documentation (project overview and
quickstart) and someone available to maintain these.

In case you are interested, please send the "application form" to the
osgeo-live mailing list: live-demo at lists.osgeo.org
(archives/subscription at [4]). Note that if you have any remaining
questions this is a good place to ask, they are helpful and supportive
:-)

Sincerly,

Johan

[1] http://live.osgeo.org/