[Live-demo] [Board] Reviving the OSGeo Marketing Committee?

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Fri Sep 19 14:13:17 PDT 2014

On 09/19/2014 02:09 PM, Cameron Shorter wrote:

>>> 3. As highlighted at last foss4g, USB printers often are not competent
>>> enough to print bootable USBs. (OSGeo-Live USBs are one of our key
>>> marketing tools). So we probably need to find a trusted USB printer,
>>> then get them to ship to worthy causes.
>>>

>> Boy Cameron you are right on that one.  Other OSGeo-Live leads like
>> BrianH and Angelos both told me in Portland that we, OSGeo, should be
>> finding one single distributor for bootable USBs, test a small batch
>> with them, then distribute to all events from that one distributor -
>> exactly what you just said here.
>>
>> -jeff

Well one distributor per continent, shipping too far can be expensive or
take too long. I know one for the US already as I've had them make me
USBs (I send a master, they clone it), it's the same place we did DVDs
historically, mixonic. The Barcelona team had an EU place that worked.

For Korea next year they should find something in Korea, Taiwan or Japan
- pretty good chance of finding something.

Thanks,
Alex