[Live-demo] Problem with mounting shared folder in OsgeoLive 8.5

Johan Van de Wauw johan.vandewauw at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 12:32:09 PDT 2015

On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 5:27 PM, Alex Mandel <tech_dev at wildintellect.com> wrote:
>> For the VBOXADDITIONS part I think we should consider installing these
>> by default, so the instructions would not be needed anymore! I'll
>> raise this at the beginning of our next release cycle.
>>

> We have discussed this many times in the past. It breaks compatibility
> with other virtualization platforms (VMWare, Parallels, etc).

Are you sure it breaks compatibility? Source/Have you tried this?
I doubt this is the case, as you will just be installing drivers for
hardware which is not found on other platforms. Could be that I'm
wrong, but on my native debian I have these extensions installed also
(as I sometimes boot it from windows), and it does not hurt when
running natively.

The only disadvantage is that you may get older extensions as when
installing through virtualbox itself, but then again the package does
receive updates and is tested against ubuntu by Canonical.

Kind Regards,
Johan