[Live-demo] R Studio on OSGeo Live

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 14:06:54 PDT 2015

Hi Robin,
Great to hear of your interest in the use of OSGeo-Live. I'd encourage
you to add an entry about it here:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_History

Regarding including RStudio, from your description, it sounds like it
would be a good addition. We are too late to include it in the next 9.0
release, however it could potentially be included in 9.5.

The process for adding a new project is described here:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc#How_to_add_a_project_to_OSGeoLive

Further to that description, I'd be interested to hear advise on whether
RStudio should be included as a separate application to R, or whether
the R Project Overview and Quickstart should be extended to also cover
RStudio.

Warm regards, Cameron

--
Cameron Shorter,