[Live-demo] OSGeoLive 9.0 status: nightly

Johan Van de Wauw johan.vandewauw at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 04:08:22 PDT 2015

On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 6:44 AM, Angelos Tzotsos <gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com> wrote:
>. We need to start thinking the new build process for our
> documentation (debian package vs building during iso creation).

I'm pro building it seperately as a package:
* documentation can be updated
* faster build, build failures for documentation don't break the build
for the whole process

There is of course a disadvantage: the build time for the disc and the
documentation are no longer exactly the same.

Creating a package for the documentation is not hard, I've added some
initial debian files which already do the job.
https://github.com/OSGeo/OSGeoLive-doc/pull/6
This just drops the documentation in /usr/share/doc/osgeolive-doc . We
should discuss how we would like to link that on the disc eg to
localhost.

I can enable daily builds on launchpad. We could also build the
package prior to building the iso.

Kind Regards,
Johan