[Live-demo] Problem with mounting shared folder in OsgeoLive 8.5

Johan Van de Wauw johan.vandewauw at gmail.com
Mon May 18 11:55:38 PDT 2015

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 1:11 AM, Alex Mandel <tech_dev at wildintellect.com> wrote:
> Slight update, I think Johan's method works now because virtualbox is
> distributed differently.
>
> There used to be a Community Edition (Open Source) and a free for
> private/academic use version.
>
> Now the main program is Open Source GPLv2 and there is an add-on Oracle
> VM VirtualBox Extension Pack
>
> So maybe we should update the instructions to use apt-get installable
> packages for guest additions, or even a double click script to make it
> easy for new users.

Or install them by default (at least for the vm version). We should
perhaps check the size of the dependencies, but it does not hurt
having them if you are not using virtualbox. Same for open-vm-tools .
We include many drivers for hardware which is much less likely to be
used than these platforms.

Johan