[Live-demo] Starting build cycle for OSGeo-Live 9.0

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Thu May 21 15:33:57 PDT 2015

You may have misunderstood, our policy is take what's in
Ubuntugis-unstable repos not stock ubuntu repos, at least for geospatial
packages. So we are rarely behind much in versions. Grass 7 is there,
QGIS 2.8.2 is there, Postgis 2.1, GDAL 1.11.2 etc ...

+1 to Angelos' notes on why we use LTS these days.

We do also run updates before building so Firefox version etc are up to
date too.

Thanks,
Alex