[Live-demo] Starting build cycle for OSGeo-Live 9.0

Sebastiaan Couwenberg sebastic at xs4all.nl
Fri May 22 16:05:18 PDT 2015

On 05/23/2015 12:51 AM, Johan Van de Wauw wrote:
> On Sat, May 23, 2015 at 12:23 AM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg
> <sebastic at xs4all.nl> wrote:

>>> I had a look to backport gpsprune.
>>>
>>> It will also require a backport of libmetadata-extrI wiactor-java, which
>>> in turn will break josm, so that will need an update as well (which is
>>> probably a good idea, the version in trusty is old.
>>>
>>> But this requires also an update to jmapviewer.... (I have not yet
>>> looked further).
>>
>> Just backport gpsprune (17.2-1) like I did for jessie-backports.
>> gpsprune (17.2-2~exp1) only has a patch for libmetadata-extractor-java
>> 2.7.2.
>>
>> gpsprune 18 is expected to include this patch, so it will need to be
>> reverted in future backports to not require the
>> libmetadata-extractor-java update.
>
> It is not just the latest update. Trusty has
> libmetadata-extractor-java (2.3.1+dfsg-2) while gpsprune requires >=2.6.4
>
> I suppose there was a good reason to add that requirement, though I
> could not find it in the debian commit log.

Yes, that was the previous libmetadata-extractor-java update and the
associated API breakage. See the related discussion in the BTS:

https://bugs.debian.org/725186

libmetadata-extractor-java updates tend to requires changes in its
reverse dependencies: josm, gpsprune & tika. The latter is maintained by
the Java team like libmetadata-extractor-java itself.

> Anyway, updating josm seems a good thing to do anyway.

Yes, I'd also like to get the experimental version into unstable. Just
beware that until JCS is packaged (#783538) no further updates to josm
are possible in Debian and derivatives.

Kind Regards,

Bas

--