[Live-demo] Introducing 24dev-demo OSGeo Live Addon

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 12:55:04 PDT 2015

Hi Patrick,
 From reading your description, it seems there is quite a bit of overlap
from what you are describing and the existing OSGeo-Live build process?
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Build

Long term, I see it as preferable to only maintain one build process
rather than many.
If there are advantages to your approach which our existing build
process doesn't address, then maybe you would be able to help us improve
our existing process.

Am I missing something?

Cheers, Cameron

On 5/10/2015 8:27 am, Patrick McGovern wrote:
> All,
> The OSGeo Live DVD has a great collection of software and is a unique
> development environment.  I created a customizable _*Addon*_,
> "24dev-demo" for prototyping applications and scripts for the OSGeo
> Live DVD.
>
> This demo is intended to provide users with an easy way to try and
> develop applications alongside OSGeo. The "24dev" name is a play on
> words for: "Two For DEVelopment", via the Open Source Community (OSC)
> and you the Open Source Developer (OSD).
>
> I have uploaded the tar file to github at 24dev-demo
> <https://github.com/pmcgover/24dev-demo>. I hope to add a GIS
> application in a future release.  Please let me know what you think.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Pat McGovern

Cameron Shorter,
Software and Data Solutions Manager