[Live-demo] Retiring GPS-Drive from OSGeo-Live

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 02:09:43 PST 2016

As raised in the last few OSGeo Live weekly meetings, we are proposing
that GPS-Drive should be retired and not included in the next OSGeo-Live
release.

This is based upon:
1. GPS Drive has outstanding issues resulting in it not being able to be
installed: https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/1601

2. We have not been able to connect with anyone from the GPS Drive
community.

3. From OpenHub metrics, it appears that GPS-Drive hasn't had anyone
contributing to the project for a few years:
http://live.osgeo.org/en/metrics.html

If anyone has reason to suggest that GPS-Drive should stay (and is also
prepared to help getting it working), then please speak up now.

Proposal:
That GPS-Drive be retired from OSGeo-Live.

Cameron +1

--
Cameron Shorter,
Software and Data Solutions Manager