[Live-demo] Submit new project - NASA WorldWind

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 04:24:56 PST 2016

Thanks Gabriele,
Based on your responses, it seems that Go World Wind is a mature,
established open source GIS product, which is in line with the
principles of OSGeo Live.

On the downsite, it appears to be a large product, which may be a
challenge to fit on OSGeo-Live. I'd be interested to hear thoughts from
Angelos and others in that regard.

The documentation does appear to be comprehensive and I feel shouldn't
be included with the OSGeo-Live release (it can be referenced). Instead
just provide standard OSGeo-Live Project Overview and Quickstart.

Also, I request you make use of existing OSGeo-Live sample data rather
that adding a new dataset. This reduces disk space and helps with
comparisons and integration between applications.

--

I'm undecided on whether World Wind Web is ready. I'd be hoping to see a
specific stable version nominated for inclusion.

Would it make to bundle GeoWorldWind and WorldWindWeb together? Or are
they two stand alone applications?

Warm regards, Cameron