[Live-demo] Crunch time for Geomajas on OSGeo-Live

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 13:36:14 PDT 2017

Dirk,

Thanks for your response. The Geomajas' community has traditionally been
very responsive and helpful when we have reached out which we appreciate
and goes in your favour.

If GeoMajas can update their quickstart to OSGeo-Live standards within
the next week (preferably the next few days), my recommendation to the
OSGeoLive PSC will be that we keep GeoMajas (at the current version) for
this upcoming release, and re-assess based on activity for the next release.

Documentation guides are here:

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Add_Project#Documentation

Good luck.

Cameron

On 17/6/17 1:25 am, Dirk Frigne wrote:
> Cameron,
>
> On my resposibility:
> My formal answer is *yes* to include geomajas in the next release of
> OSGeo-Live.
>
> I suggest to keep the same version number.
> We will work on the quickstart session, this is something I can control
> and I will take action for it.
>
> There is a lot of stuff developed by customers, who want to donate to
> the community, but I need to motivate and 'INSPIRE' some of the
> developers and stakeholders. So I suggest an infusion for geomajas to
> get it back to live and into a vibrant community. (with a more active
> and renewed PSC resulting in new Openhub Metrics).
>
> If there is no new release when we discuss the next release of
> OSGeo-Live, I will be the first to promote retirement for geomajas.
>
> thank you for your patience with a bit a sick patient, but should be
> able to recover or resurrect in another way.
>
> Dirk.
>
> On 2017-06-13 23:02, Cameron Shorter wrote:
>> Dirk,
>>
>> We are at crunch time. We haven't heard a define yes/no re including
>> GeoMajas on OSGeo-Live. As mentioned earlier, it is ear marked for
>> retirement unless we can see action on following points:
>>
>> "Propose to retire. No recent version change on OSGeo-Live. No recent
>> activity in OpenHub metrics"
>>
>> "Quickstart is too short and not following writing tips (in the udig
>> quickstart). It needs to show how to do 1 typical task. Look at
>> GeoServer quickstart for inspiration. Quite a bit of work required here."
>>
>> Thoughts?

M +61 419 142 254