[Lizmap] New major version Lizmap 3.6

René-Luc Dhont rldhont at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 03:11:53 PST 2023

We are pleased to announce the release of Lizmap Web Client 3.6,
the new major version of the application.

This new version is mainly focused on the administration panel and
tools for GIS technicians to help to manage their QGIS projects
published on Lizmap.

This new major version means that the Lizmap Web Client 3.4 is no
more maintained. However, we are still maintaining the 3.5 version.

See the detailed description of this new version.
https://www.3liz.com/en/news/lizmap-web-client-3-6.html

We would also like to thank the funders for their support:

* Grand Narbonne
* Conseil Départmental du Gard
* Les Portes du Soleil
* natur&ëmwelt a.s.b.l.
* SDEE de la Lozère
* Valabre
* DDTM de l'Hérault

You can download the latest zip on our releases page:
https://github.com/3liz/lizmap-web-client/releases

If you upgrade your Lizmap Web Client to 3.6 version you must take
into account very important information:

* installing the plugin Lizmap server on QGIS server is mandatory. Do
   not forget to check your installation on the "Server Information" page
   in the administration pages and finalize it, mainly the environment
   variable. Follow the instructions in your administration panel,
   "Server Information" page.
* the QGIS projects whose Lizmap configuration file has for target
   version Lizmap Web Client 3.2 or lower will not be available anymore.
   Remember to look at the warnings in this new page. To unlock such
   projects, they must be reopened in QGIS desktop with the latest version
   of the Lizmap plugin available in your QGIS plugin manager.

We hope you will enjoy this new version 🦎

The 3Liz team