[Lizmap] Lizmap plugin 4.0.0 beta release and Lizmap Web Client 3.7 translations

Etienne Trimaille etrimaille at 3liz.com
Mon Nov 20 06:29:54 PST 2023

Hi everyone,

It's not often that we do a "beta" release on the QGIS desktop plugin,
but we just did one :

https://github.com/3liz/lizmap-plugin/releases/tag/4.0.0-beta.1

The changelog is quite nice, we released it as a beta, so it's only
available for people having "Experimental" in your QGIS plugin manager
settings.

If you can, please try and report your feedbacks. The main feature is
about these new "safeguards".

We are keen to have feedbacks, if there isn't any "false positive"
blockers when checking these new safeguards/rules and if explanations
how to fix these checks are OK.

You will be a "beginner" when using this new version, so you might have
some "blockers" displayed. You will need to tweak your settings in the
Lizmap UI.

These safeguards are designed to make it easier to know if your project
can be easily sent on the server.

About Lizmap Web Client 3.7, we are still polishing some features and
fixing some issues reported by some of you.

Remember that you can translate the plugin, the web client and the
documentation on Transifex :
https://app.transifex.com/3liz-1/lizmap-locales/dashboard/

You can see the list of languages with percentage :
https://docs.3liz.org/lizmap/#translations

so please help us to provide Lizmap nearly fully translated in many
languages ;-)

Regards,

--

Etienne Trimaille