[Lizmap] Lizmap 3.7.4 QGIS Pluging 4.4.3 Speed

G. Wagner, Wagner-IT info at wagner-it.de
Mon Feb 26 08:05:05 PST 2024

Hi,

-   I often get error messages here in QGIS.

*	Please report any Python error on GitHub.

Sorry, no (python) error message, only a timeout during the network request  [1]

Does the check have to take place at the start of QGIS? Is this not sufficient when starting the plugin? Because the plugin is not required for every QGIS edit.

-   Furthermore, every check is probably logged in the log files. I will write
-   something about this on Github for the plugin.

*	Sorry, I'm not sure to understand. You mean the CFG file ?

The access is probably also noted in the Lizmap (server) log files with every check. This is quite misleading. You may wonder why a user (admin) has logged in to a Lizmap application that has not been edited for a long time [2].

*	The CFG file is not used to restore the default server. Only your previous server used in your QGIS profile.
*	QGIS Settings → Advanced → I will be careful → Lizmap → Instance target URL

Thanks for the info. I had suspected something like that, but why is that? Or why is the name of the corresponding connection not saved in the cfg file and loaded accordingly?
I often have to change it (admittedly for many different projects). In the past (with the same Lizmap versions) I simply ignored the setting. But with different versions you should probably take it into account.

Greetings

[1]  https://wagner-it.de/download/lizmap/QGIS_message.jpg

[2] https://wagner-it.de/download/lizmap/Lizmap_Log.jpg

WAGNER-IT