[Local-chapters] Starting up some activity

Seven (aka Arnulf) seven at arnulf.us
Wed Feb 2 10:50:24 EST 2011

Folks,
it seems like we have good coverage with representatives from various
Local Chapters in this list now. Eventually we might want to have at
least one representative from each Local Chapter in this list (although
I do not see the need to make this an obligation yet).

I would like to invite to a conversation about how we can leverage this
list to promote OSGeo.

Venka and Ravi suggested that it might be a good idea to create a
committe or board of sorts with one representative from each Local
Chapter. Provided that there is interest and we actually get something
done here it could eventually become an Advisory board for OSGeo and
give input to decisions that have to be taken by the Board of Directors.
It would also broaden the influence of remote areas, regions and
languages to the overall goals of OSGeo.

Please share your thoughts on this or anything else you believe belongs
to this group of people.

FYI: The Board of Directors meets once a month [1] and there is an
agenda for each meeting where you can add topics you deem relevant for
this decision body.

Best regards,
Arnulf Christl

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_of_Directors#Meetings