[Mapbender-dev] branches, tags and svn ...

Michael Schulz mschulz at webgis.de
Fri Nov 3 07:46:24 EST 2006

Hi,

i think we would need at least one test branch, where all contributors
can add code. Then merging of tested and probably voted for code can
be merged into the trunk by e.g. administrators.

@Thomas: another thing with subdirectories containing new extensions
is that they sometimes require a changed version of central scripts
like map.php or a class. Do you put such things also in the subdir?

Greetings, Michael

On 11/3/06, Thomas Baschetti <Thomas.Baschetti at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> > You asked about the svn. At the moment we commit the new or changed code
> > only to the mapbender trunk and don't offer a testbed.
> >
> > I think it's a good idea to setup a testarea where new code can be
> > presented to the community. But I don't know, how this can be organized
> > in the svn.
>
> Don't know either, but it definitly would be nice.
>
> > Another question we discussed about at the FOSSGIS 2006 was: Where can
> > we leave code which is not generic or assume a special database or
> > architecture or is not following the standars, but maybe is nice to have
> > (some examples poi-search [needs configuration and geodata in a
> > postgresql database], str/hsnr-search implemented on postgresql ...). It
> > would be nice to have a branch where this code could be left.
>
> What about a special directory?
>
> For my modules i first used $MAPBENDEROOT/http/extensions,
> at the moment i put all in a new directory in
> $MAPBENDEROOT/http/itebo to
> keep it separated from the original distribution.
>
> I wanted to use a direcory-order like
>  http/extensions/extension1
>  http/extensions/extension2
>  http/extensions/extension3
> but this won't work because of code like
>
> > require_once("../php/mb_validateSession.php");
>
> which require to be only one level down.
>
> Ciao
> Thomas Baschetti
> ITEBO GmbH
> --