AW: [Mapbender-dev] branches, tags and svn ...

Ulrich Rothstein uli.rothstein at ccgis.de
Fri Nov 3 09:20:20 EST 2006

Hi,

On Fri, November 3, 2006 12:02 pm, Samson, Marko wrote:
> I think, a testarea would be.
> For all the millions of not generic special extensions, perhaps there
> could be an extra folder at the testarea-to-be.
> Perhaps a little infostandard for every extension would be a nice idea. So
> that everyone can see, if an extension will be executable, configurable,
> usable an interesting on one's own system.
> Perhaps something like a little standard readme with a standard head like,
>
> Function:
> Used db:
> Used php Version:
> Used Version:
> Known Bugs:
> Short configure text:
>
> would be nice? Or should all this be done at the mb-wiki?!

I think that would be definitively nice, so every module should have such
header informations. Additionally I porpose to specify a mentor for each
module and list him also in this header. (That would be easier for the
assignments of bugs).
With regard to Marcs proposal to put the comments in the code
(PHPDoc-standard) I think this should be done at the wiki. If we extract
the documentation and the comments with external tools like PHPDoc, we
have yet another format (without history).

Maybe Toni Pignataro could expand his proposals for templates for the
wiki-documentation with such a header (in the style of PHPDoc or JAVADoc
etc.).

> Gruß,
> Marko
>

> Marko Samson
> Landesbetrieb Wald und Holz
> GIS-Anwendungsentwicklung
> Referat I-5
> Albrecht-Thaer-Straße 34
> 48147 Münster
>
> Tel.: 0251/2376-930

The normal way is to contact this list and all contributors are invited to
vote. To manage the code in developer-branches is a good idea, but I don't
know how to manage svn-authorisations for the branches (if we need that at
all(?)).
In the moment the testplatform is our installation 'mapbender_dev' (on
wms1.ccgi.de). But there is no access from 'outside' to checkout the svn
sources.
The mapbender.org-server has not the resources to act as a test-server.
But there  is a discussion in progress with the osgeo...

best regards
ULi

>> > Thanks for any responses.
>> >
>> > Greetings, Michael
>>
>> You asked about the svn. At the moment we commit the new or
>> changed code
>>    only to the mapbender trunk and don't offer a testbed.
>>
>> I think it's a good idea to setup a testarea where new code
>> can be presented to the community. But I don't know, how this
>> can be organized in the svn.
>>
>> I would appreciate it if more people become part of the
>> developer team and get contributors. I could make a proposal
>> to add you to the developer team.
>>
>> Another question we discussed about at the FOSSGIS 2006 was:
>> Where can we leave code which is not generic or assume a
>> special database or architecture or is not following the
>> standars, but maybe is nice to have (some examples poi-search
>> [needs configuration and geodata in a postgresql database],
>> str/hsnr-search implemented on postgresql ...). It would be
>> nice to have a branch where this code could be left.
>>
>> Let's discuss about it
>>

>> --
>>
>> Greetings Astrid
>>

>> ----------------------------------