[Mapbender-dev] discuss sld integration

Astrid Emde (WhereGroup) astrid.emde at wheregroup.com
Wed Feb 14 02:53:42 EST 2007

Hello Michael,

 thanx for starting the discussion about SLD.

Michael Schulz schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> i would like to start a discussion about the pro's, con's and howto's
> of a sld integration in mapbender.

sure we should integrate sld in Mapbender!

> See the wiki: http://www.mapbender.org/index.php/Sld_integration for
> general information and some discussion points that surely need to be
> extended.
>
> I still have the module on my stack, presented last year (!) on the
> german FOSSGIS, that uses sld/wfs to generate and visualize queries.
> At the moment it is heavily customized, hard-coded, etc. :-( and i
> think the first step to make it generic, would be to have a discussed
> background about the integration of sld. I know there are other
> examples that use SLD, it might be interesting to gather the
> different(?) approaches and unify them.
To get an impression of your solution it would be good to get a link to
a demo-gui where we could try the functionality. If you don't have a
demo maybe you can give us the link to your presentation on the FOSSGIS
last year.

> What are your thoughts? Additions/corrections to the wiki page are
> very welcome and I also try to summarize this thread on the wiki.
>
> Cheers, Michael

We did this SLD presentation last year on the FOSSGIS together and I am
interested in this subject aswell. At the moment we work on a function
that creates an SLD and a gui-element (like addvendorspecific) that adds
the parameter to the maprequest. When this is finished I will post the link.

greetings astrid