[Mapbender-dev] Test of RC1 / some thoughts

Marc Jansen jansen.marc at gmx.de
Mon Jan 29 18:15:49 EST 2007

Hey Marko, hey List,

> 2. Test of upgrading a 2.4 version
>     - everything seems to work fine, too. (The first time I did the
> upgrade, I had all entries of gui_layers twice. Don't know, what I did
> wrong. Whatever, the second time everything worked pretty nice. )
>
> Idea:
>  I saw, that you set "default_with_oids = true" in the new pgsql
> schema, but wouldn't there be a chance for grouped primary-keys for
> all the pk-less tables, for example the table gui_layer with a
> grouped-pk of fkey_gui_id and fkey_layer_id to prevent double entries.
> (same idea for all other tables without PK like
> gui_layer,gui_wfs,gui_wms,...)

I second that, if there are no other relevant issues. I can not see any
-- do you? A grouped PK should be the right way to handle theses tables.

>  Or is there a reason, why there are no PKs at some tables? In my
> opinion, there is no logic of having two entries, for example with the
> same fkey_gui_id and fkey_layer_id in table gui_layer.

Yipp, speaking from a database view of things, one does not need two
entries with the same values in the field you named. Am I missing something?

Good thoughts, Marko!

-- Marc