[Mapbender-dev] summary: Mapbender IRC Meeting Nov 12, 2007

Christoph Baudson (WhereGroup) christoph.baudson at wheregroup.com
Tue Nov 13 04:13:41 EST 2007

This is a short summary of Monday's IRC meeting, see

http://www.mapbender.org/index.php/IRC_Meeting

log file: http://logs.qgis.org/mapbender/%23mapbender.2007-11-12.log

Please join our next meeting on Monday, Nov 19, 1700 UTC+1
(http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=11&day=19&year=2007&hour=17&min=0&sec=0&p1=37)

----------------

-----------------------
Roll Call
-----------------------

Arnulf, Christoph, Marc, Melchior, Uli

-----------------------
Element vars
-----------------------

We were discussing the necessity of variable types for element vars (if
you don't know what element vars are, see
http://www.mapbender.org/index.php/Element_var). Now, there's only one
type (string), and the scripts parse it they way they want.

There were some pros and cons for the introduction of types:
- interface might become more complicated
+ type safety in scripts
+ arrays are hard to handle at the moment

Marc had written a small JS conversion function that he will send to the
dev-list.

See the previous email discussion at
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/mapbender_dev/2007-November/000883.html

In the end, we also discussed introducing an object storing element
vars, to avoid ambiguities, like

ElementVar.myImportantVariable

or even

EV.tree21.aVariableOfTree21

We will continue to discuss at dev.

-----------------------
redesign of Tree GDE 2
-----------------------

Marc is working on a redesigned version of TreeGDE2, improving the following

*valid HTML output (no ids starting with numbers etc)
*using jQuery

He sent a link to a demo (login:tree21/password:tree21)

http://www.regiochemie.de/mapbender/frames/index.php?&gui_id=gui1_new_tree

There were two open issues we discussed
* grouped layers
* use jQuery in main frame, not in module frame

Marc will keep us updated if he has any news. Thanks for your work so
far, Marc.

If you are interested in joining (development or funding), take a look
at http://www.mapbender.org/index.php/Tree_GDE_2_redesign

-----------------------
Development sprint at FOSSGIS 2008
-----------------------

Michael was unable to attend the meeting; he told us before that he
contacted the organizers and is waiting for a reply. Thanks for your
initiative, Michael.

-----------------------
Performance of telascience server
-----------------------

No news on this topic. Please re-list in the agenda once relevant news
arise.

--
Where2B-Konferenz Die Lösungskonferenz der WhereGroup

W h e r e G r o u p GmbH & Co. KG

Christoph Baudson
Anwendungsentwickler

olaf.knopp at wheregroup.com