[Mapbender-dev] SLD Editor

Michael Schulz mschulz at webgis.de
Tue Oct 2 16:58:33 EDT 2007

Hi Joscha,

at the moment, we thought about using the sld editor in the
wms-gui-settings module, since the editor is maybe to complex for a
normal user .

We want to combine sld generation/manipulation with wfs configuration,
which could result in simpler interfaces to the sld functionality for
normal users.

For the scenario you describe, keep in mind that the editor is
layer-based, but one approach we're also thinking of, is to hook the
editor at the treegde ...

Cheers, Michael

2007/10/2, Joscha <joscha.map at online.ms>:
> Hallo,
>
> I read the following in another e-mail in this list:
>
> > SLD: will be part of the Mapbender 2.5 release. SLD-Editor will be
> > accessible in admin-mode
>
> What is meant by that? Will it be impossible to use the SLD Editor as a
> regular user? For our project for example it will be necessary, that all
> users can make SLD-requests to the map they are looking at right now
> (and see the result :-) . The editor could be displayed beneath the
> current map and the request-results could be displayed right away (maybe
> optional). That can't be hard, or am I wrong here?
>
> Regards,
> Joscha

Michael Schulz
mschulz at webgis.de