[Mapbender-dev] SLD Editor- no connection to SLD

Michael Schulz mschulz at webgis.de
Tue Oct 9 07:34:08 EDT 2007

Hi Roland,

there are several things that need to work together. The SLD generated
for each layer is already saved in the db. What is missing at the
moment, is the way to string the layer-sld together and tell mapbender
and the wms to use this sld.

I haven't loked at sld_maprequest for a (longer) while, but actually
sld_maprequest should do this, since when it is enabled, it should
check on each getmap request, whether this wms and for this user has
sld definitions, if so, it appends an sld parameter with an url to the
function that creates the appropriate sld. Sure, since sld_maprequest
is not at the moment in our focus, it may not work out of the box.

I will look into it and hopefully come up with some clues, what could be wrong.

Could you describe in more detail, what is working and what is not
working, e.g. are the slds saved in the db in your case? what happens
when the "Sld benutzen" checkbox is active? Does it have influence on
the genererated url? Javascript php errors? You may use firebug to
examine the status of the different variables in the mapbender gui...

Cheers, Michael

2007/10/9, Roland Jehle <r.jehle at ceit.at>:

> Hi devs!
>

> As I need parts of the SLD Editor before Mapbender 2.5 comes out, I want to
> get an insight in the developements done until now.
>
> Needless to say that everything useful from my part will go back to the
> community.
>
> Actually I'm not sure whether MapScript (pfui no OGC!) isn't the better
> solution, because I just have to change some colors and class-numbers of
> some municipalities layers in the client. After ending the user-session
> everything should be like before.
>
> As I found out that the SLD in the DB is not yet connected Michael Schulz
> gave the me the following advise:
>

> ##You can try a workaround though ... Donwload the sld-editor zip file from
> the wiki page:
>
> #http://www.mapbender.org/index.php/SLD#how_do_we_start.3F
>
> #You'll find a sld_maprequest.php script, that you can incorporate as an
> iframe module "sld_maprequest", that will add the sld parameter as a vendor
> specific parameter, with the correct url to #the sld_function_handler
> script.
>

> I made a new Modul and connected it sld_maprequest.php. What I got is a
> Checkbox "SLD Benutzen".
>
> When I open the SLD Edtior in the "Edit GUI WMS" there is still the old
> connection to the SLD_function –handler
> (http://localhost/mapbender_sld/http/sld/sld_function_handler.php?function=getusersld&layer_id=19009&user_id=1&forcesld=1&4141).
>
> I seems that the sld_function_handler.php is not connected. I also found a
> different map.php in the code but it seems it doesn't work.
>
> Actually I want to find a way to save the changes made with the SLD-Editor.
>

> Thanks a lot!
>
> Roland

Michael Schulz
mschulz at webgis.de