[Mapbender-dev] JSON in PHP

Michael Schulz mschulz at webgis.de
Tue Apr 15 06:37:44 EDT 2008

Hi Christoph,

funny, I recently had  another problem with this pear_json stuff:
Don't want to dive in the details, but somehow an error was thrown and
that tried to call one of the PEAR_error classes, which were obviously
not installed ...

Anyway, I think the step towards the 2.5 version should give us and
the users enough time to go for php 5.2. There are many new features,
that will be worth the php upgrade.

Can you think of other side impacts or php version relations (pdf or
something like that) on the rest of mapbender code, when switching to
5.2?

Cheers, Michael

2008/4/15, Christoph Baudson <christoph.baudson at wheregroup.com>:
> A new problem has been encountered in Mapbender. Currently we are using the
> JSON library Services_JSON from Pear for PHP. It seems to be unreliable with
> huge data sets. Replacing the erroneous code with the native PHP JSON
> functions then was successful. However, these PHP native JSON functions are
> only available in PHP > 5.2.
>
>  What do we do? Require PHP 5.2? Or look for another JSON library?
>
>  This matter is urgent and should be resolved before the release of
> Mapbender 2.5
>
>  Christoph
>
>  --
>  _______________________________________