[Mapbender-dev] Fwd: [Mapbender-users] problems at creating mapbender2.5 schema

Christoph Baudson christoph.baudson at wheregroup.com
Sat Apr 19 03:38:05 EDT 2008

On Fri, April 18, 2008 5:49 pm, Michael Schulz wrote:
> Hi Christoph,
>
> plpgsql is one language with that you can create functions.However
> this check creates a temporary "sql" function to determine whether
> plpgsql is installed. So you won't need plpgsql installed.

Thanks for your comment, and thanks for explaining. Brilliant, so we can
use this solution after all! We should put it in rc2.

As there are no dumb questions: Couldn't we use a temporary SQL function
for our gettext function and skip plpgsql? I guess not, but maybe someone
can explain. I'm not that much into databases.

Thanks,

Christoph