[Mapbender-dev] Motion to change terminology: 'Application'instead of 'GUI'

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com
Wed Feb 20 11:47:17 EST 2008

Astrid Emde (WhereGroup) wrote:
> Ulrich Rothstein schrieb:
>> On Tue, February 19, 2008 2:50 pm, Samson, Marko wrote:
>>
>>> +1 to the applications from me.
>>>

>>> What about an additional parameter for the guis, ups sorry -
>>> applications, to define, if its an application or a container for
>>> wmss? So
>>> we could hide them at Edit_GUI_elements or display them in different
>>> colors at WMS_GUI_settings to have a clearly arranged admin
>>> GUI/APPLICATION?
>>>

>>> Greetings,
>>> Marko Samson

Hi,
currently the vote count is four +1, one +0, one 0 and one abstain (Uli did not vote and only commented). This is enough to carry the motion but we are in no hurry.

There were some comments that "application" might not be the best term but no alternative was given. If you have another idea, please suggest it (except EWS).

Best regards,
Arnulf.