[Mapbender-dev] License header in scripts

Christoph Baudson (WhereGroup) christoph.baudson at wheregroup.com
Fri Jan 4 04:17:26 EST 2008

Maybe we could change the current license header in our scripts. Is it
necessary to include the whole text in every single file? Or could we
just link to the file? This is how it looks like now

# $Id: class_wmc.php,v 1.31 2006/03/16 14:49:30 c_baudson Exp $
# http://www.mapbender.org/index.php/class_wmc.php
# Copyright (C) 2002 CCGIS
#
# the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at your option)
# any later version.
#
#
# along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
# Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307, USA.

Maybe we could use PHPDoc to do this, sth like

/**
 * $Id: class_kml_point.php 1948 2008-01-03 16:35:29Z christoph $
 *
 * @link http://www.mapbender.org/index.php/class_kml_point.php
 * @copyright 2002 CCGIS
 * @license http://opensource.org/licenses/gpl-license.php
*/

Where should the URL point to? A local file? A site in the wiki?

And while we're at that, how is the status of handing the copyright to
OSGeo?

W h e r e G r o u p GmbH & Co. KG

Christoph Baudson
Anwendungsentwickler